[ntp:questions] Timing issue with Linux and kernel PPS?

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Mon Nov 19 09:02:12 UTC 2012

On 18/11/2012 15:20, Uwe Klein wrote:
[]
> what happens if you "insmod pps_ldisc" into the "not ready" system?
>
> you may need a call to ldattach afterwards:
>      http://net.its.hawaii.edu/network-performance/using-praecis/
>
> "grep" your way through the udev scripts !?
>
> uwe

(1) I get Error: could not load pps_ldisc module: No such file or directory

(2) ldattach does not list the GPIO pin as one of its supported names.

I looked at the article you referenced, but in this case the Raspberry
Pi is not using the DCD line, but a separate GPIO pin.  lsmod shows
pps_gpio as present.
--
Cheers,
David