[ntp:questions] Using ntpd with custom clock

unruh unruh at invalid.ca
Tue Oct 16 17:15:03 UTC 2012

On 2012-10-15, Felipe Blauth <fmb at inf.ufsc.br> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'd like to build a custom version of ntpd with a single change: instead
> of synchronizing with operating system clock, it would synchronize with a
> custom clock.

??? ntpd does not synchronize with an operating system clock. It syncs
the operating system clock with some external time source (network
clocks or various local system clocks like gps, atomic clocks, etc0
Not sure what you mean you are trying to do.

> I can mimic operating system calls (like gettimeofday and settimeofday).
>
> I'm just starting out and would appreciate some directions on doing this.
> If someone could point me a file or a function, it would be of great help.

I think you need to tell us what you want to do first.