[ntp:questions] Motorola Oncore GPS as Stratum 1 source

Mike S mikes at flatsurface.com
Thu Oct 18 16:18:16 UTC 2012

On 10/18/2012 11:55 AM, Hahn, Ron wrote:

> I am not really understanding the full purpose of the battery but
> Maplin here in Ireland does not know of this BR2325.  So I am now
> thinking that I can if possible use another 3v coin cell for this
> purpose.  I did look on the Digi Key web site and the number P202-NC
> does not come up.

Look for P202-ND. I'm not sure what the "dash" suffix signifies, but it
seems that Digikey ends _all_ their part numbers with the same one. I
suspect they changed from -NC to -ND at some point (but I don't recall
it ever not being -ND, so maybe it's a typo).

> If the battery is 3v I am wondering if the capacity is important for
> this purpose?

Only for how long it can provide backup power.

> Maplin have other coin cells 3v I will look at in the
> shop.

Myself, I'd look for a CR2025 holder which would fit in that location,
the cells are easily found, and with a holder, replaceable. If you think
it may be powered off a lot, perhaps a gold cap, or rechargeable lithium.