[ntp:questions] Motorola Oncore GPS as Stratum 1 source

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Sat Oct 20 11:20:56 UTC 2012

Rob wrote:

> terminals popular at the time, but today we have resizable windows and
> many people use proportional fonts.  In such an environment, the layout
> of flowing text is best left to the receiver.
> (so it can re-flow when you make the window smaller, for example)

Thunderbird has the best of both worlds when used with conforming email
clients (Outlook is non-conforming). It wraps the lines, with a trailing
space on re-wrappable lines, and includes a special clause in the
headers, as defined in RFC 3676, which tells aware clients that they can
reflow.  Legacy clients use the line wraps from the sender.  RFC 3676
aware clients, like Thunderbird, re-wrap to fit the actual window size.

However, when replying, it quotes incoming lines according to the
standards, so if the line is very long, it is very long in the edit window.