[ntp:questions] Using Trimble TSIP under Linux

Ralph Aichinger ralph at pangea.at
Sun Oct 28 11:40:09 UTC 2012

David Taylor <david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
> I am at the very early stages of building a small stratum-1 NTP server
> using a Linux box (Raspberry Pi).  A Trimble GPS is connected via USB
> (yes, I know I will need an interrupt-driven pin for the PPS), and if I
> install gpsd I can see the output from the GPS with the cgps -s command.

I've got a Raspi on order for the same thing: dedicated NTP server.
When you get it to run, could you please post how you did it,
even if you point out only a few of the hard things?

I think I am not the only one who wants to try this, especially power
consumption oft the Raspi makes it a likely candidate for servers
running 24/7, like ntpd.

TIA
/ralph