[ntp:questions] What is the NTP recovery time from 16s step in GPS server?

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Tue Oct 30 20:37:59 UTC 2012

On 30/10/2012 19:45, Rob wrote:
[]
> Are you using NMEA mode or TSIP mode on that receiver?

TSIP - as it's what it powers up in by default.

> I wrote the TSIP driver and checked the original source and the
> current version 3.7, and in the processing of the packet 0x41 there
> is a check on the validity of the GPS-UTC offset (called leap seconds
> in the comment, I believe this name is from the Trimble docs).
>
> The time is only valid when the number of leap seconds is more than 10.
> I would hope that the value is 0 as long as the real value has not yet
> been determined.

I can see how that would make sense.

> Can you try to set the log level to INFO and see what is going wrong?
> The code is in driver_tsip.c and logs the offset as the last number
> in this log line:
>
> 	gpsd_report(LOG_INF, "GPS Time %f %d %f\n", f1, s1, f2);

Rob,

My Linux knowledge is very limited.  I'm quite happy to try what you are
suggesting, but I would have no idea where to start.  Where do I edit
the log level and where do I look for the reports?  The reboot I /can/
manage!
--
Thanks,
David