[ntp:questions] Confused about pool rotation

Thu Feb 7 23:16:16 UTC 2013

unruh wrote:
> sntp uses the same round trip algorithm that ntp does.

If he writes his implementation similar to ntp.org's reference
  implementation, or even similar to the RFC reference standard.
 I've seen many things use NTP protocol to request and parse
  a timestamp packet from a NTP server, then do something
  completely different than ntp.org's SNTP or NTP would do.
   {e.g. Many things just set the date / time to the last timestamp,
     ignoring the rest of the packet
     (including one I found ignoring the alarm flags once).}

  will be added to the BlackLists.