[ntp:questions] NTP NMEA driver

unruh unruh at invalid.ca
Fri Feb 15 21:18:45 UTC 2013

On 2013-02-15, David Taylor <david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
> On 14/02/2013 22:00, unruh wrote:
> []
>> It was not an issue of stability, but of the notification of which
>> second.  It was coming out more than one second after the second it is
>> labeling. Germin was very resistant to correcting this, but after about
>> a year or two, they finally did correct it with new firmware as David
>> states below. I apparently left the impression that this was still true,
>> and, as long as you get new stock, it apparently is not true anymore.
>
> It's also not true if you take the very simple step of upgrading the
> firmware on an existing GPS 18x LVC, if it's not already at 3.70.

It is also not an issue if you do not buy Garmin. But so what? If you
buy old stock it is an issue. You CAN fix it as you say, but you must
fix it. It is like saying that if you buy a car whose wheels fall off,
it is not an issue if you fix it the problem. True, but it IS an issue
if you have to fix something before it is useable.