[ntp:questions] ntpd locks-up on FreeBSD 8.3

Thomas Laus lausts at acm.org
Thu Feb 28 14:03:13 UTC 2013

On 2013-02-28, Edward T. Mischanko <etm1962 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> When ntpd loads via rc.d at system start-up it just locks-up.
> It doesn't finish loading what is in the rc.conf or give me a login prompt.
> I have to control c out of it to regain control of the computer, but that
> terminates ntpd.  Any help would be appreciated.

Is this the 'stock' ntp that ships with FreeBSD 8.3 or did it come
from the ports system?  Are you running the GENERIC 8.3 kernel or one
that you customized?  If it is a custom kernel, are you building all
of the modules?  Is your system am i386, AMD64 or something else?  A
lot of questions for information that you did not provide in your
original post.

FreeBSD 8.3 runs fine on my AMD64 system.

Tom

--
Public Keys:
PGP KeyID = 0x5F22FDC1