[ntp:questions] p351 fails to build on MSVC++2008EE

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Thu Jan 24 16:28:00 UTC 2013

On 24/01/2013 12:52, Mischanko, Edward T wrote:
> I thought we were going to fix this?
>
> c:\3\ntp-dev-4.2.7p351\sntp\libopts\option-xat-attribute.h(38)
>   : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'inttypes.h'
> : No such file or directory
>
> Are we still working on this?
>
> Regards,
> Ed

Yes, it seems that some UNIX facility which automatically creates source
files needs to be fixed.  It seems some people think such
auto-generation to be a backward step - it certainly helps to confuse
things!  I am advised of the following fix while an update is awaited:

These 2 files

   sntp/libopts/option-xat-attribute.h
   sntp/libopts/option-value-type.h

still have

   #include <inttypes.h>

However, these files are generated automatically by the autogen stuff
which will be updated by Bruce, as discussed in earlier comments, to
generate code like:

   #ifndef MISSING_INTTYPES_H
   # include <inttypes.h>
   #endif

Together with the changes I've submitted this will fix the build
problems.  Until the updated autogen version is available you can edit
the files after the tarball has been unpacked and make the changes
manually. After this you should be able to build the project.

I have Windows binaries available here:

   http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/x86/index.html
--
Cheers,