[ntp:questions] Another invalid leap second

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Wed Jul 3 19:06:46 UTC 2013

On 03/07/2013 15:44, unruh wrote:
[]
> I think we need to know who the OP has as his ntp servers. And if it is
> pool, whether he can reconstruct who he was using (peers log file?)
> should windows ports even be allowed in the pool given their lousy
> behaviour as time machines.

Windows-8 allows you to make quite reasonable stratum-1 servers (and
earlier versions are not too bad either with the various enhancements
made by Dave Hart and others).  Here's the offset for one Windows-8 system:

   http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/stamsund_ntp_2.html

and with a greater resolution:

   http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/stamsund_ntp_40.html

More than good enough for serving others across the Internet, even if
not up to FreeBSD or Linux capabilities, and /much/ better than
stratum-2 or higher servers.
--
Cheers,
David