[ntp:questions] step and stepout

DaveB g8kbv at uko2.co.uk
Mon Jul 15 12:27:16 UTC 2013

In article <kquj37$rvp$1 at dont-email.me>, david-
taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid says...

> On 02/07/2013 11:20, DaveB wrote:
> []
> > Hi Dave.
> >
> >  From some of those server names, I think you've been watching too much
> > Scandanavian Crime drama on TV.  :-)
> >
> > I realy must figure out how to use MRTG to get those graphs, I've never
> > managed to make it work for me.   Do you have any tutorials, guidelines
> > etc?
> >
> > 73.
> >
> > Dave B (G8KBV/G0WBX)
>
> Dave,
>
> I've actually visited all the places from which I have borrowed node
> names (and also visited some of the locations in Copenhagen where
> "Borgen" was made - there was a "Cake Day" in progress at the Town Hall
> - it just /had/ to be Denmark!).  I understand a very small amount of
> Swedish, and Norwegian and Danish are related (similar is too strong a
> word).  There's quite a lot of Scandinavian input to NTP, as you may know.
>
> I've put all the bits you need into this Zip file:
>
>    http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/MRTG-scripts.zip
>
> which allows you to monitor one (or more) NTP servers remotely.  There's
> a more general comment on using MRTG here:
>
>    http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/NTPandMRTG.html
>
> and some general notes I found on the Internet here:
>
>    http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/mrtg_notes.pdf
>
> Do ask if you have any queries - better here than direct e-mail, though.

Thanks David.  I'll pull them down later today and have a good read, if
it's not too hot to think straight, like the last few days.  (Resulting
in me sleeping through episode 1 of "Top of the lake".)

I'm planning a sort of overhaul/upgrade to all the shack data
infrastructure, including new(er) hardware and OS updates etc, so best I
start to plumb the depths now I think.

Thanks again.

Dave G0WBX(G8KBV)

PS:	Yes, I was aware (but had forgotten) of the Scandinavian input to
NTP, having monitored this list for some time now.