[ntp:questions] Support of Trimble GPS

Igor Pavlov pavlov.ig at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 09:05:02 UTC 2013

Thanks !
I became using 29 Palisade driver which I rejected at first and found
special mode for my GPS Receiver Trimble Thunderbolt (mode 2).

But for correct work I had to put little changes to code - file termios.c :
function int ioctl_tiocmset()
I put "!" before each call to EscapeCommFunction()

Now it is work.

Thank you!

2013/7/24 Hans Jørgen Jakobsen <hjj at wheel.dk>

> On Wed, 24 Jul 2013 11:53:12 GMT, Igor Pavlov wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > Is any of Trimble GPS devices (with TSIP) supported now?
> > I tryed to use "Generic reference driver" (
> > http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/drivers/driver8.html)
> > In it's description there is one Trimble GPS device (mode 10).
> > But I couldn't make it work.
> >
> > I started to debug code of ntpd and its corresponding driver
> > (refclock_parse.c) and found some parts of code not working.
> > For example WriteFile() using non-overlapped mode when serial-port file
> was
> > opened in overlapped mode, so it causes error. For reading serial port is
> > opening in such way that data from it never appears in handler functions.
> >
> > Now I am trying to fix these errors, but I want to know what is the
> chance
> > of this driver to work at current time.
>
> Don't know.
> Have you verified that you can talk with the device?
> There could be wrong baud rate or wrong protocol tsip/nmea?
>
> I am using driver 43 (ripencc) with some Trimble Acutime 2000.
> It allows to hook more than one computer to one GPS. (with some caveats)
>
> Otherwise driver 29 (palisade) seems dedicated to multiple Trimble
> products.
>
> /hjj

Игорь Павлов