[ntp:questions] Wrong Paris time

unruh unruh at invalid.ca
Sun Jul 28 23:08:37 UTC 2013

On 2013-07-28, just.another.michaelv at gmail.com <just.another.michaelv at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm not sure where to post this, but I guess the mailing-list is as good as any place.
>
> It seems like the time for Paris isn't taking the zone and daylight saving offset into account. (UTC/GMT +2). I'm not forced to used Berlin as it has the correct time.

You tell us nothing except the time is wrong.
What operating system are you using?
As stated ntp has nothing to do with time zones. It sets the local clock
to UTC. Under bsd/linux, all trhaslations to local times (including time
zones) are done by the OS, using the information in /etc/localtime
(which is one of the files from /usr/share/zoneinfo). Under Windows I
have no idea, nor under MacOS ( although it may be similar to linux)