[ntp:questions] ntpq -p command query

Biswajit Panigrahi BP00106533 at TechMahindra.com
Tue Jul 30 14:24:00 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have configured the ntp server and ntp client on two machine.

Both are communicating properly. I would like to test when the
connectivity between those two goes down, after how much time the
"reach" option in ntpq -p command becomes zero.

For that I stopped the ntp server  and I executed the ntpq -p in
client's  console,

The reach option will still  keep on increase to 377 then gradually
decreases to zero. The time duration to come to zero is almost 20
minute.

Can we reduce the time gap ?

Please find the ntp.conf in client:

server 10.16.48.19 key 1

restrict 10.16.48.19 mask 255.255.255.255 nomodify notrap noquery

restrict 127.0.0.1

broadcastclient novolley

broadcastdelay 0

keys /var/ntp/keys

trustedkey 1

logfile /var/log/ntp/ntpd.log

driftfile /var/log/ntp/ntp.drift

statsdir /var/log/ntp/

statistics loopstats peerstats

filegen loopstats file loopstats type day enable

filegen peerstats file peerstats type day enable

Any suggestion will really appreciated.

Regards,

Biswajit