[ntp:questions] raspberry pi, ntp & pps source

folkert folkert at vanheusden.com
Thu Jun 27 18:10:50 UTC 2013

Hi,

I bought a adafruit gps module http://www.adafruit.com/products/746 and
a raspberry pi. Now cross compiling a kernel with pps support is too
much of a hassle (for me). So I wrote a small program which, from
userspace, listens on a selectable GPIO pin and then feeds the timestamp
via shared memory to NTP. Works not very bad: 10us jitter at most.
I thought maybe some of you might be interested.
The (open source, of course) program can be retrieved from:
http://vanheusden.com/time/rpi_gpio_ntp/

Folkert van Heusden

--
MultiTail er et flexible tool for å kontrolere Logfiles og commandoer.
Med filtrer, farger, sammenføringer, forskeliger ansikter etc.