[ntp:questions] NTP clients

unruh unruh at invalid.ca
Tue Nov 5 20:54:27 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-05, Nomen Nescio <nobody at dizum.com> wrote:
> Nomen Nescio <nobody at dizum.com> wrote:
>

>> > simple command AFIK. As ntpd can also be configured to broadcast time,
>> How? Could you point me out on relevant FAQ?
>
> Trying to set up your own DDOS?

Pretty poor way of doing it. Better would be to send out packets with
the wrong return address on them. But one really wants something that
multiplies-- eg a verysmall packet sent out and a large one sent to the
address. ntp is not a very good candidate. The return packets are far
too small. You do not want it to as expensive to you to send out the
packets as it is for the recipient to receive them.