[ntp:questions] NTP Bug 2328 - Vista/Win7 time keeping inaccurate and erratic

Thu Nov 28 13:27:10 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-28 02:31, Martin Burnicki wrote:

> On the other hand, as far as I know, there is no new API to apply adjustments
> to the Windows system time more smoothly.

Mention of smooth reminded me of using Bresenham's algorithm, generically
called the digital differential analyzer, to manage and compensate for
quantized data during allocations (unfortunately not in finance systems,
so unable to perform direct personal compensation!) ;^>

These techniques are best known for drawing smooth digital lines and arcs,
but also provide anti-aliasing input, and are useful for properly handling
residuals of quantized or rounded data, so the output data is as smooth (in
either a visible or virtual sense) as possible.

--
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis