[ntp:questions] Asymmetric Delay and NTP

Tue Apr 1 19:35:53 UTC 2014

Joe Gwinn wrote:
> William Unruh <unruh at invalid.ca> wrote:
>> Joe Gwinn <joegwinn at comcast.net> wrote:
>>> We have a more direct diagnostic available
>>>  -- abruptly turn the background traffic off while observing
>>>  time slew with respect to a free-running rubidium.
>>
>> Sure. As I said if you have a different clock then you can do more.
>
> The Rb unit will not tell us the time, but will tell us
>  how much our sense of time slewed when the interference
>  was removed.

See Also: Chip Scale Atomic Clock
 Cesium vapor cell microwave laser beam oscillator reference RTC in a Chip
e.g. <symmetricom.com/csac> Time of day, PPS, ...

{Accuracy / Stability to a few pico sec isn't cheap though}

  will be added to the BlackLists.