[ntp:questions] Fwd: Simulate PPS devices

Maximilian Brehm maximilian.brehm at tu-ilmenau.de
Thu Apr 10 14:24:07 UTC 2014

I wrote the message before I actually checked out shmpps. It seems
that it does not use the Kernel-PPS interface but simply transmits a
timestamp via the shared memory interface each second.

The reason I want to use the Kernel-PPS interface (RFC 2783 mentions
that it supports asynchronous signals) and simulate devices is that it
includes additional sanity checks. I guess I could alternatively
implement the logic myself (could I?), that is, wait for a packet with
an offset greater than one second compared to the last used package and
pass it to my own PPS discipline.

Regards
Maximilian