[ntp:questions] New Stratum-1 at the University of Houston

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Fri Apr 25 14:40:47 UTC 2014

> The NTP ST1 server at the University of Houston has been
> offline for about a month. Any information about its demise?
> Yet another victim of a DOS attack?

I don't know, it seemed kind of flaky at first then it stopped responding altogether. I finally gave up and removed it from my list
a while ago. It used to be stable for ages, maybe they just removed public access?

Even ntp.tmc.edu seems to be a little flaky at times. (Located in the Medical Center I guess.)

Rice has a good publicly accessible S2 server, on Level-3 network, I get less than 2ms delay to it from my server.