[ntp:questions] GPS NG type 46 refclock tests

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Sat Dec 6 09:29:49 UTC 2014

I have just discovered that there is a new GPS NG type 46 refclock,
which I would like to try on the Raspberry Pi.  Checking ls /dev I see
no GPS devices listed, so I would appreciate help with how to handle
that.  My device configured for the gpsd is /dev/ttyAMA0.  I guess
creating some sort of permanent link would be the way to handle this,
but my Linux knowledge is very elementary.  Would that be:

   ln -s /dev/ttyAMA0 /dev/gps0

Secondly, in the documentation "TVP" is mentioned.  It would be helpful
if it were defined, but is not.  I guess time-velocity-position?  As I
have those in cgps -s I appear to be covered, but what about the other
objects?  WATCH, PPS and version are listed.  How you I know whether I
have these?

--
Thanks,
David