[ntp:questions] NTP & PPS, part 2 ;)

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Fri Dec 12 08:57:37 UTC 2014

Sander Smeenk wrote:
> Quoting Paul (tik-tok at bodosom.net):
>
>>> But i'm quite sure driver 22 is compiled in the binary i'm running.
>> Almost certainly not.
>
> I was caught by the refclock strings that appear in the binary and the
> --enable-all-clocks configure option being used. But the latter doesn't
> actually mean all clocks will be compiled, only those whose dependencies
> are satisfied, it seems.

Not even all of those.

For example, the parse clocks are *not* compiled in by default if only
--enable-all-clocks is specified, though there are no specific
dependencies for these clocks. This was just a decision by Dave Mills.

You have to run ./configure with --enable-parse-clocks explicitly if you
want them to be supported.

Martin