[ntp:questions] NTP & PPS, part 2 ;)

William Unruh unruh at invalid.ca
Sat Dec 13 02:12:50 UTC 2014

On 2014-12-13, Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org> wrote:
> Martin,

> It might very well be that we can separate some of these "parts" into an
> "internal" and an "external" file, but again, we've been down this path
> before with the MOD_NANO and STA_NANO stuff; why would we want to
> *invite* this kind of difficulty in the future?

Invite? It is already here. nptd developers and kernel developers are in
a pissing match and the poor user is in between them.
Read Umberto Eco's essay on what he did to try to get a new replacement
driver's license for one that had been stolen.
Italian bureacracy is what we want for ntpd and linux?