[ntp:questions] Cannot down load the leap file

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Thu Jan 2 08:13:31 UTC 2014

On 02/01/2014 04:42, Williams Catherine wrote:
> Dear,
>
> I'm not sure why I cannot download the leap seconds file.  Where can be
> used now?
>
>     - ftp://time.nist.gov/pub/leap-seconds.3535142400
>     - ftp://tycho.usno.navy.mil/pub/ntp/leap-seconds.3535142400
>
> BR,
> Yang Hong

Catherine,

These servers appear to be very unreliable, at least when accessing from
outside the USA.  There is an alternative at:

   ftp://utcnist.colorado.edu/pub/

but its file:

   leap-seconds.3535228800

is from last March, and is now stale.  The other two sites haven't come
up in spite of waiting several minutes (at 08:00 UTC, Jan 02).

For such an important file, I expect there are mirrors in Asia and
Europe - it's just that I haven't found them as yet.

--
Cheers,
David