[ntp:questions] better rate limiting against amplification attacks?

Terje Mathisen terje.mathisen at tmsw.no
Thu Jan 16 08:53:53 UTC 2014

David Taylor wrote:
> Is there not a case for issuing 4.2.8 now, warts and all, and advising
> the world of the upgrade?  4.2.7p410 is working well on all my systems,
> and 4.2.7p411 is only a documentation update.

There's a very good case for doing so, the only formal stopper is the
current list of "blocking bugs"!

Some of us are trying to cut this down, then it is up to Harlan to
declare whatever remains as "not critical enough to keep the blocking
status" and demote them, and then he will stick a fork in it and declare
it done.

Terje

--
- <Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no>