[ntp:questions] Roof antenna, which one, would you bother?

Paul G bodosom at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 15:12:21 UTC 2014

On Friday, January 3, 2014 5:54:45 AM UTC-5, Ralph Aichinger wrote:
> Or would you not bother at all, and just put some puck into
> the window (which probably works too)?

I'd put a "timing" antenna in the attic (used Symmetricom 58532A/VIC100s, which I have, are cheap).  I have one near the ceiling on the upper floor and it's fine for a modern (SMT) GPS but only acceptable for older (T-bolt) units.

I also have mag puck in south facing window.  The 58532A is much better.

Finish up with a GPS with some internal visibility (e.g. SMT), a Symmetricom/Agilent/HP splitter and Bob's your uncle.