[ntp:questions] Embedded solutions

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Tue Jul 8 11:03:33 UTC 2014

On 08/07/2014 11:01, Rob van der Putten wrote:
> Hi there
>

> Paul wrote:
>
>> One normally uses a so-called GPIO pin to read PPS on systems that
>> lack a DCD line or a parallel port.  E.g. BeagleBone or Raspberry Pi.
>
> Obviously.
> A lot of people however, by an embedded system, hook op a GPS receiver,
> find that PPS doesn't work and then just give up.
> It would be nice to have a comprehensive overview of embedded PPS
> implementations.
>

> Regards,
> Rob

If it's any help, my notes on NTP on the Raspberry Pi are here:

   http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Raspberry-Pi-NTP.html

Lots of people have requested a "no soldering" approach to using PPS on
the RPi, and an independent manufacturer has produced a board to enable
just that:

http://ava.upuaut.net/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_60&product_id=95

--
Cheers,