[ntp:questions] Some issues about NTP ( Server 2008R2)

hschulla at gmail.com hschulla at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 19:04:33 UTC 2014

Hi!
Probably it is a hardware problem.
On both machines are identical Mainboards: Asus Sabertooth Z77C2.
RAM is identical 32GB.
The server2008R2 runs as IPv6-machine.
The Win8-machine runs some virtual operating systems Win7, XP, Linux.
I tried ntpq with a dedicated v4-adress with the same results on both machines: timeout.
Although the ntp-monitor runs fine an shows the poll count in status.
In the moment I run NetTime successful with +- 3ms jitter within 15min.
ntp-drift ist no longer available, because I uninstalled NTP.
On the server2008R2 I recognized some errors in NTP (mail notification) but they recovered immediately until the "freeze".
All peers were "greyed out" .
Only a restart of ntped.exe service recovered the failure immediately.
Hartmut