[ntp:questions] Meinberg Configuration Help

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Sun Mar 2 08:54:55 UTC 2014

On 01/03/2014 22:43, boostinbadger at gmail.com wrote:
> My NTP server is part of the pool project and appears to be running fine.  Comcast contacted me about a month ago to let me know that my NTP server was infected with a bot.  I checked and everything seems to be ok.  I re-enabled my server about a week ago and I received another phone call last week concerning security on my network.
>
> I contacted Ask and he said that it was not a bot but an issue with my server allowing management requests.  I asked Ask how to properly configure my Meinberg client to not allow management requests because I understand that they can be problematic.  I know the config for ntpd but I am not sure of the proper syntax for Meinberg.  Can someone provide me with that info?

I understand that the current development version no longer has the
problem, so you might like to update as described here:

   http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/setup.html#updating

If the problem still remains, you will want to apply the access
restrictions to the NTP configuration.  The syntax will be identical to
that for the Linux/FreeBSD versions to which others have pointed you.
--
Cheers,
David