[ntp:questions] Time to fix reported driver bug.

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.org
Mon Mar 17 04:01:31 UTC 2014

On 3/16/2014 4:11 PM, Paul wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 2:22 PM, William Unruh <unruh at invalid.ca> wrote:
>
>> I only noticed when adding
>>> another device in the Trimble family but if there's active support I'd
>>> submit a patch for it.
>>
>> Why would you not submit a patch for it if you have one?
>

> I meant submit a patch for the new device.  I supplied a patch for bug 2557
> in the report.

A patch WAS submitted for this though it was done inline instead of as
an attachment. I recommend that you mark it as possibly blocking 4.2.8
so that it gets some attention. Your explanation in the report seems to
be adequate but someone needs to examine the code to see if the fix has
any side effects, especially for other devices.

Danny