[ntp:questions] IEEE 1588 (PTP) at the nanosecond level?

Tue Mar 18 01:37:59 UTC 2014

Joe Gwinn wrote:> Magnus Danielson wrote:
>> Joe Gwinn wrote:
>>> Yes.  My question is basically a query about the current state
>>>  of the art [in PTP].
>>
>> The state of the art is not yet standard and not yet off the shelf
>> products, if you want to call it PTP.
>
> This is my fear and instinct.  But people read the adverts and will
> continue to ask.  And some customers will demand.  So, I'm digging
> deeper.
>
> Are there any good places to start?

You could ask e.g. Spectracom what products they sell,
 along with which recommended switches,
 and what other recommended Ethernet interfaces & drivers / software,
 will get your what expected results.

  will be added to the BlackLists.