[ntp:questions] Asymmetric Delay and NTP

Wed Mar 19 18:48:36 UTC 2014

Joe Gwinn wrote:>  What greatly helps is to have a LAN for the heavy
>   applications traffic, and a different LAN for NTP
>   and the like, forcing different paths in the OS
>   kernel to be taken.

If you see a difference, I would have though it more likely
 to be different usage of the IP stacks than anything
 significantly different happening in the kernel?

If NTP is important enough, create a NTP VLAN set to a higher
 priority than all other traffic, to isolate NTP traffic
 from the effects of other network traffic?

  will be added to the BlackLists.