[ntp:questions] Problem facing with Ntp client Configuration

Biswajit Panigrahi BP00106533 at TechMahindra.com
Thu Mar 27 09:49:46 UTC 2014

Hi Mayer,
I have done the required changes. I have found one problem regarding condition field in ntpq
When ever I have restarted ntpd on client and executed ntpq "as"
atcafs-n11s2:~# ntpq
ntpq> as

ind assid status  conf reach auth condition  last_event cnt
  1 45503  9044   yes   yes  none    reject   reachable  4
Condition field shows "reject" for more then 15 to 20 minute then after it changes to "sys.peer" after then only sync happens.

I have opened the port 123 for ntp. Still it shows reject
Please let me know reason for this to fix the issue

Regards,
Biswajit