[ntp:questions] Issues installing ntpd on Win 7

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Tue May 6 07:13:00 UTC 2014

On 06/05/2014 04:28, Phil W Lee wrote:
[]
> It doesn't make for a real user friendly installation method, as you
> need to be an administrator to make the required changes to
> permissions within the "program Files" tree.

Just why I suggest using C:\Tools\NTP\  !

When using an SSD for the system disk, I also place frequently updated
files on a hard-disk, such as D:\Tools\NTP\.  In the case of NTP, these
are the statistics files.  Maybe your files are central if running
multiple NTPs within a domain.

I don't have any recent experience with a Domain account, though.

--
Cheers,
David