[ntp:questions] NTP server not reducing polling interval on upstream hosts

Rob nomail at example.com
Thu Oct 23 16:42:55 UTC 2014

Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org> wrote:
> Please email me the bug numbers.
>
> We don't have nearly enough volunteers to get the work done.
>
> This is why I frequently solicit volunteer help as well as financial
> support.  If we get enough financial support I can start hiring
> developers.

I think it is unrealistic to get enough money from donations to hire
professional developers.  You may get enough money to buy some hardware
to facilitate development, or to pay hosting or hardware for a website
or source archive, etc.  When I would donate money it would be like $50,
that would be insignificant when compared to a professional developer tariff.