[ntp:questions] NTP offset doesn't change.

Paul tik-tok at bodosom.net
Sun Feb 15 14:39:15 UTC 2015

On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 11:21 PM, William Unruh <unruh at invalid.ca> wrote:

> If you demand that I give
> detailed explanation

You started off down the ntpd versus chrony path again.
  "To get the discussion started, lets compare some of the differences
between chrony and ntpd"
That's not useful.  You've spent years talking about chrony vs. ntpd.
There's nothing new to be said.

> tell me that timed

You keep saying timed.  Is that part of some plan to deny responsibility in
future?  I'm talking about NTIMED-CLIENT.  I don't know what you mean by
TIMED.

> is different from ntpd, but
> give me no explanation as to how, or how timed differs from ntpd

I've repeated pointed you to Poul-Henning Kamp's notes regarding Ntimed.
Why isn't that sufficient?  Please provide your parameters for adequate
explanation.

> > I've downloaded ntimed which compiled ok so will give it a try in
> > a few days.
>
> Be interesting to see how and what it does.

Since I've told you how it does and what it does is obvious (but just in
case -- it disciplines system time by steering it to UTC) you can see why
people might think you're not genuinely interested in a discussion.

  "I have given you detailed answers to your question[s]"

Not so much as of yet.  But I keep hoping.