[ntp:questions] Active Directory, NTP, time differential affecting services

the.loquitur at gmail.com the.loquitur at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 17:42:39 UTC 2015

Hi,

Currently, my employer has a single AD domain where devices joined to it get their time via the domain server.  However, we are looking at starting to configure some of these devices to get their time via NTP.  My concern here is if there is a sufficiently significant time differential between the devices getting their time via NTP and services that get their time via AD that those services might just break.  I'm talking about services such as NetBIOs (WINS, SMB), LDAP and SSL.  I'm familiar with Kerberos' default permitted time differential of 5 minutes.

Comments?

Thanks,
Ed