[ntp:questions] Regarding "Study the usefulness of different clock models for NTP"

Thu Mar 12 16:03:03 UTC 2015

On 2015-03-09 15:07, Dp Docs wrote:
> Sir,
> I am Durgesh Pandey, CSD (Computer Science Duel Degree, B.tech In CS and MS
> By Research In CS) student in International Institute of
> Technology,III T- Hyderabad,India. I believe that I should not post it here
> but I am not getting any response after posting it to GSOC mailing list So
> i am forced to post it here as it is really important for me.
> I want to one the above specified topic as a part of GSOC project. Can you
> please provide me some Introductory reading Material on the Topic "Usefulness
> of different clock models for NTP". It would be really helpful if you can
> provide some reading material on the issues posted in second paragraph of
> this link:
> http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Dev/GSoCProjectIdeas#Study_the_usefulness_of_differen
> I really want to Do this Project and it would be helpful for my research
> area So please provide some introductory materials. I would really
> appreciate your effort for helping me.

See NIST Time & Frequency pubs at
http://www.nist.gov/pml/div688/generalpubs.cfm
NTP RFC 5905 at
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5905,
NTP-dev docs at
http://doc.ntp.org
and Dave Mills book Computer Network Time Synchronization from
https://play.google.com/store/books/details/David_L_Mills_Computer_Network_Time_Synchronizatio?id=BxTOBQAAQBAJ

--
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis