[ntp:questions] NTP not syncing immediately

sneha b snehabadardinni at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 06:30:40 UTC 2015

Hi,

NTP is not syncing immediately, its taking some 3 minutes time.
I want to sync immediately, my project requires to sync immediately as the
client is real time systems.

NTP server is responding with below messages. Below are the wireshark
captures.

Flags: 0x0c
11.. .... = Leap Indicator: unknown (clock unsynchronized) (3)
..00 1... = Version number: NTP Version 1 (1)
.... .100 = Mode: server (4)
Peer Clock Stratum: unspecified or invalid (0)
Peer Polling Interval: invalid (0)
Peer Clock Precision: 0.000008 sec
Root Delay:    0.0000 sec
Reference Timestamp: Jan  1, 1970 00:00:00.000000000 UTC
My ntp.conf file has below enteries:

server 127.127.1.0
fudge 127.127.1.0 stratum 0
restrict 127.127.1.0

If any insights will be of a very great help.

I am stopping the service windows time.

After some 3 minutes the sync is happening properly.But its not happening
immediately. Can anybody help me in resolving.

Thanks,
Sneha