[ntp:questions] Time syncing with something other than ntpd

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Thu Feb 2 09:35:04 UTC 2017

On 02/02/2017 04:34, sean wrote:
[]
> Incidentally I do have a BBB and a few raspberry pis. The BBB goes back
> and forth to/from work so I won't be able to use that as the NTP host.
>
> As an aside, have you done anything with SDR? You may be interested in
> this:
> https://github.com/flightaware/piaware

Do lets us know how you get on with NTP.

Yes, I've done some ADS-B stuff, although using others' code as I don't
do "C" myself.  For multilateration we need times to better than a
microsecond (and ideally to within 100 ns) and this is achieved within
the software by comparing several aircraft which are mutually visible
between multiple stations, and for some of which GPS locations are known.

   http://www.satsignal.eu/raspberry-pi/dump1090.html

and, of course, I monitor the performance where I can, comparing
different systems:

   http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_ads-b.php

I've also just started with earthquake detection, something which
requires good time keeping (perhaps to within a second!) and may be of
interest to west coast USA members:

   https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspberry-shake-personal-seismograph/

--
Cheers,