[ntp:questions] NTP server - Number of received petitions.

Charles Elliott elliott.ch at comcast.net
Mon Mar 20 12:32:13 UTC 2017

I defined it for him, in depth, from a dictionary, both noun and verb,
transitive and intransitive, but apparently nothing will change his mind.

He has not said what he does not like about ntpq mrulist.

I believe he wants to know the addresses of people who are using his server.
Perhaps he is a stalker for one of the security agencies, in which case, we
should ask exactly what they need and supply it.  On the other hand, he may
actually mean "petition," in the sense of enough people praying for some new
dispensation i.e., the squeaky wheel theory of government. After all, many
of us do live in democracies.

Why doesn't someone ask him exactly what he wants and how much he is willing
to pay for it, if his requirements require programming?

Charles Elliott