[ntp:questions] NTP 4.2.8p10 released

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Fri May 26 15:19:25 UTC 2017

On 26/05/2017 12:59, gaurav10nigam at gmail.com wrote:
[]> Hi David,

> I want to get offset between 0.5-2 ms. Can it be achieved using meinberg application?
>
> If yes, Kindly share the parameters required to be changed to get offset value in the required range.
>
> Regards,
> Gaurav

Gaurav,

As with many things, "it depends".  Here are my offsets with NTP and
Windows, using a PPS signal from a GPS device:

   http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_ntp.php#windows-stratum-1

- provide good sky view for the GPS receiver.
- use Windows 10 (Windows-8 also acceptable).
- light, constant load.
- keep the temperature as constant as you can.

Is the performance show good enough?  See my Web page for the parameters
I use, but if you have a PPS source that's usually good enough.

--
Cheers,
David