[ntp:questions] NTP postings end up in mailing list moderation

Jakob Bohm jb-usenet at wisemo.com
Tue Nov 7 09:55:13 UTC 2017

On 05/11/2017 16:58, John Levine wrote:
> In article <ae863c42-2545-64aa-4cb6-d6d7478db7cf at wisemo.com>,
> Jakob Bohm  <jb-usenet at wisemo.com> wrote:
>> Posting to comp.protocols.time.ntp is automatically gatewayed (two-way)
>> to questions at lists.ntp.org or questions at ntp.org [good].
>>
>> questions-owner at lists.ntp.org sends out a moderation warning e-mail when
>> this happens [bad].
>>
>> Not sure where to report this, as it is neither an NTP nor a website
>> issue.
>
> I run the gateway.  If there is something I could put in the message
> that would make the moderation warning go away I'm happy to do it.
> I am not inclined to bypass moderation because there is a lot of
> spam in the newsgroup.

Perhaps the following (both by the mail list sysadmin rather than the
gateway admin):

1. A change in the "moderation, please wait" message from the mailing
   list server, either for gatewayed messages or generally (if that is
   easier to configure).

2. Perhaps a config change in the mailing list server to whitelist
   known-good newsgroup posters (controlled by the moderators), the
   list could (for example) be of pairs of e-mail addresses and NTP
   servers (X-Mozilla-News-Host or Path header checked against this,
   NTP server provider responsible for spoof protection, e.g. via
   logins).

Enjoy

Jakob