[ntp:questions] [EXTERNAL] Re: NTP Support SHA2 or not

Sharma12, Sachin Sachin.Sharma12 at harman.com
Mon Oct 15 05:08:01 UTC 2018

++shagun

-----Original Message-----
From: Danny Mayer <mayer at ntp.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 14, 2018 7:50 AM
To: Sharma12, Sachin <Sachin.Sharma12 at harman.com>; questions at lists.ntp.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [ntp:questions] NTP Support SHA2 or not

Sorry for the delay in responding. No, it doesn't work right now. I did test this out several years ago but the problem with SHA2 is the length of the resultant hash. There's no problem creating and sending such a MAC but the other side needs to be changed to be able to properly handle the resulting MAC. There are plans to change the code to properly deal with this and other types of hashing algorithms.

Danny