[ntp:questions] Performance estimation

David Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Tue Jun 16 07:09:29 UTC 2020

On 15/06/2020 19:58, William Unruh wrote:
[]
> Why would it be useful? What are you trying to do. It is always better
> to first present the problem rather than trying to get people to improve
> your solution to an unknown problem.

It's not a problem, simply trying to get a better understanding of what
the variables are and whether they are useful to measure.  If you want
to call it a problem, call it the "Performance Estimation" problem.

I've been measuring offset for some time, and Gary Miller suggested that
jitter might also be a useful measure.

--
Cheers,
David