[ntp:questions] NTP not seeing servers with a 2-year offset, stand alone configuration

David Taylor davidtaylor at writeme.com
Wed Jan 20 10:59:03 UTC 2021

On 19/01/2021 20:04, Martin Burnicki wrote:
> Maybe have a look at this page:
> http://doc.ntp.org/current-stable/drivers/driver28.html
>
> Search that page for "flag1". There should be 2 hits about a constraint
> in the initial time offset ("Mode-independent post-processing"), and how
> this can be disabled by setting flag1 to 1.
>
> Maybe this helps.
>
> Regards,
>
> Martin

Thanks for that, Martin.  I knew the capability had to be /somewhere/
but I couldn't find it!

However, in this case the RTC was not being driven correctly, and it was
losing its setting under some circumstances - I think the
battery/super-capacitor was being disconnected over power-down!  I was
pointed to the notes about correcting the register settings so that this
wasn't done, and backup power was kept.  I wrote this up in a small note:

   https://www.satsignal.eu/raspberry-pi/Uputronics-RTC.html

Cheers,
David

Web: https://www.satsignal.eu