[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [questions] Re: [ntp:questions] Automatic replies
- To: questions@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Opty <opty77@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [questions] Re: [ntp:questions] Automatic replies
- From: "Steve 'Hollywood' Sobol - NTF" <sjsobol@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 15:14:47 -0700
- Delivered-to: questions@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <CAMG599cWje3sRBCkrwCPU=1W4SAiTO7CJn5UTooKDnHk5ausmQ@mail.gmail.com>
- List-unsubscribe: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <CAERDJOFZqqQmWR7Y-h5mL6oRHN3=+CV2hyzaeNCmjXMah=BbuA@mail.gmail.com> <CAMG599cdZc6o8a0NvUKhYL+D=v+PRDugR+8aaodaRrZRuge0yg@mail.gmail.com> <CAMG599fxEJVYTS1jhMbDhTKcWwDVnFh4=srJ+d1XmMv=Aemail@example.com> <CAERDJOGYjRi6Au4K29y-xM4kOETRj=ai7jQ3skA8yaD0BGaT1Q@mail.gmail.com> <CAMG599fzY6S4DMkdLv+KF=OaLg9TUgQrdXNtj2_eLT1TB7MSug@mail.gmail.com> <CAERDJOFS2y-xLwTLBOofo58w8hG+LXu19BittMFXtGK01gjjfirstname.lastname@example.org> <CAERDJOGynLDWCmpCubbGzcDXBuWj2AU2XWbyOib7-W42=03muQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAERDJOGnU3qU6mOO+sR_Faw1VbCxBefkpfzOQAhwu4a4XZ8pWg@mail.gmail.com> <CAMG599c_352canW6X++YgHRW8km-PbJDyimVtoSOKU3MtovbGA@mail.gmail.com> <CAMG599cWje3sRBCkrwCPU=1W4SAiTO7CJn5UTooKDnHk5ausmQ@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: questions@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/91.8.1
On 4/26/2022 3:41, Marco Marongiu wrote:
After receiving a bunch of auto replies, I think I have a hunch on
what's happening: the mailing list manager software is being replaced
and the subscribers' list was copied over, but the nomail setting for
some addresses was disregarded and all those addresses have reverted
to normal users again. Hence the problem.
It's a shot in the dark, but highly plausible.
None of the addresses on the "nomail" list should still receive email.
The software we're using has changed (we now use mlmmj), but that
particular feature hasn't; before moving the subscriber list to mlmmj, I
tested it, and I know it works.
I did just unsubscribe a few email addresses from which I was seeing
"this message is undeliverable" auto-replies that should have been
bounces. Those addresses were on the main list, not the nomail list.
This is questions@xxxxxxxxxxxxx