Re: [questions] GPS+PPS vs NTP server, why a huge offset ?

David Taylor wrote:
On 23/06/2022 15:33, Thibaut HUMBERT wrote:
Hi David!
I tested with your dll:
https://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/x86/loopback-ppsapi-provider.zip

The PPS was not detected, I don't know what I did wrong.
Here is the content of my ntp.conf:

server 127.127.20.3 minpoll 2 maxpoll 2 mode 89 prefer
fudge 127.127.20.3 time2 0.125 refid NMEA
server 127.127.22.1 minpoll 2 maxpoll 2 true
fudge 127.127.22.1 refid uPPS

FYI, the pagehttps://kb.meinbergglobal.com/kb/time_sync/ntp/ntp_for_windows/using_pps_signals_on_windows was updated today, there is a new link to "serialpps-20120321-signed.zip".

Thibaut,

It's not "my" DLL, but one provided by Meinberg IIRC.

It was not provided by Meinberg, either. The whole stuff was put together by a guy who actively participated on the NTP development.

As described on the KB page, I had signed the binaries with Meinberg's key only to be able to use the driver on 64-bit systems.

I have to admit, though, that I've personally never used a PPS on Windows.

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki

Senior Software Engineer

MEINBERG Funkuhren GmbH & Co. KG
Email: martin.burnicki@xxxxxxxxxxx
Phone: +49 5281 9309-414
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/martinburnicki/

Lange Wand 9, 31812 Bad Pyrmont, Germany
Amtsgericht Hannover 17HRA 100322
Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors: Günter Meinberg, Werner Meinberg, Andre Hartmann, Heiko Gerstung
Websites: https://www.meinberg.de  https://www.meinbergglobal.com